Treasury, Investment & Financial Institutions Services:
The Treasury & Investment department provides clients with innovative and customized Sharia compliant financing to help mitigate their financial risk. The department also provides its clients with a variety of investment products as well as the ability to structure new products that meets the clients cash flow and risk appetite. Below is a summary of the services:
- Investment Certificate of Deposits with exceptional profit rates issued by Safwa Islamic Bank.
- Investing in Sharia compliant Capital Markets through buying and selling of equities, Sukuk, and Investing in Mutual Funds:
- Investment in equities is provided through MISC Brokerage Company, a fully-owned subsidiary of Safwa: Safwa determines which equities are Sharia compliant based on criteria that was approved by the bank’s Sharia Supervisory Board.
- Investment in regional and global Sukuk: Safwa determines Sharia compliant Sukuk based on criteria that was approved by the bank’s Sharia Supervisory Board. Safwa also provides custodian services for Sukuks.
- Investment in Mutual Funds: Safwa determines Sharia compliant Mutual Funds based on criteria that was approved by the bank’s Sharia Supervisory Board.
- Investment in global Money Markets Products.
- Foreign Exchange (FX) Services: FX Spot: Safwa provides its clients with currency exchange services for the purpose of trading, investments, or hedging against FX price fluctuations.
- Arranging & Issuing Sukuks for corporations & financial institutions.
- Trustee services for corporations & financial institutions.
- Inward Letters of Credit (L/C) Confirmation: A standard trade product to cater to the needs of Jordan-based exporters who do not have relationships with financial institutions in foreign countries.
- Outward Letters of Credit (L/C) Confirmation: Safwa corresponds with worldwide financial institutions to open and confirm LCs.
- Issuance Guarantee against Counter-Guarantee: Guarantees are issued in favor of local counterparties against counter-guarantees issued by foreign financial institutions with which Safwa has a relationship. These guarantees include, but are not limited to Advance Payment Guarantees, Bid Bonds, Performance Bonds and other guarantees to various government and non-government organizations.
- Investment Banking Services: this service is conducted by studying the clients’ financial needs and providing them with the best solution to finance their needs through Capital Markets by arranging & issuing Sukuk, or arranging and issuing commercial paper, or arranging & managing syndicated financing through a variety of structures.
- Restricted Investment through Restricted Wakala for corporations and financial institutions.
For more information, please contact us at 06-4602100 or 06-4602200